Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Redoing of an Oath

Okay, so it's about 9pm and the coffee has turned to beer.

Of course, here I am on the couch again, watching CNN and making pasta salad in the kitchen - and sipping on a cool and crisp Miller Lite. CNN is reporting on the story where Obama has redone his oath, and it gets me wondering...why?

Anderson Cooper reports that there was some flub in the Oath during the inauguration, and the powers that be decided to redo the oath - and play it back via audio recording - for all to witness. Well, let's see. I don't really see the point, but then, we should get it right, shouldn't we?

Finishing up the pasta salad, stirring in the creamy mayo, celery and mushrooms, I (of course) take a sample, toss it in the fridge and grab another beer. And that reminds me of a Haiku that I wrote, one morning, waiting for a flight in the San Diego airport while sipping on a tall and frosty beer at 9am.

I thought it was so funny to drinking a cold draft at 9am, but then...I lived on the East Coast...so it was noon for me! And it got me thinking....

Beer filled coffee cup
Foam tickles my nose just so -
Time Zone Happy Hour

Ah, the glories of beer! Staring at the brown bottle, my eyes drifted up to the kitchen cabinet. And I thought, wait a minute. This is Cup O' Joe!

Should I pour it into a coffee mug?

No comments:

Post a Comment